Saturday, January 29, 2011

Music and Poetry

     If you recall, in my post on January 13th, called, "A Promise to You All", I said that I would try to post at least 40 times in the year of 2011. If you have an excellent memory, you'll also remember that I wanted around 15 of those posts to contain poems. So here's to you, music/poetry lovers, and here's to you, people who want me to keep my promises: a poem, by my dear friend Ecat, who has also guest-written on the subject of Norman Rockwell and his art. 


The Journey of the Song
By Ecat

I shall leap through the air and rest in the cradle of your ear
I shall paint pictures across your face
 and lift you up through the smoke of emotions 
and fuse with the air you breathe

Though you be scared and falling through the weave of time
Though you embrace the world sliding through the arch of all that is you
You will find me in the most unlikely places
You will find comfort in me and absolutely fly on my wings

I can laugh and cry and scream as I float by
I will take you with me, so
Cry for those who cannot see my color, mourn!
Cry in despair for those who hear but do not open up!

For those who hear and scoff, or worse, 
For those who would hear; but twist and defile my simple beauties,
Pray, Let them taste me and know more than emotion running through a 
sieve
Pray, and hear me play the darkness that bursts forth into light

Copyright Ecat 2011, all rights reserved, unauthorized use is prohibited

Thanks for listening, and I hope you liked the poem!
Maggs

No comments:

Post a Comment