Thursday, October 7, 2010

Stats, Stats, Stats

     Today I was viewing the statistics of my blog and I was quite interested to see that the majority of people this week who viewed my blog were actually not from the United States- they were from Pakistan. This honestly surprised me, seeing as I have never been to Pakistan and most likely never will go there. Not because I have anything against your country, my Pakistani friends, but simply because I have no reason to visit you. I don't know anyone who lives in the Middle East and my only overseas relatives live in Germany, which is a far cry from Pakistan any day.
     This bit of information also led me to wonder why a person from a country so different from my own would be interested in reading what I have to say. Take my last post for example- "Marching Magic". I don't think you have marching bands over in the Middle East, but maybe I'm wrong? Or maybe you just enjoy reading about high school band geeks from the U.S. Who knows? 
     But whatever the reason you people from Pakistan read this blog, I encourage you to keep reading. For me, the idea of having such an international audience is quite fascinating, even if most of you probably stumbled upon Life as a Starving Poet by accident and left the page within moments of arriving. So don't give up on me alright? Even we bloggers need some encouragement now and again:)
Thanks for listening,
Maggs.      

No comments:

Post a Comment