Saturday, October 2, 2010

Formal Apologies

When I visited my blog today, I was horrified to discover that I only posted once in the month of September. That is why I'm here now, offering you, my group of devoted readers (maybe not so devoted anymore, but I'm going to change that), my sincerest apologies. I now promise that I will write more than once in this wonderful month of October, and do my very best to entertain you all and add some more people to my audience.
And now, for the best part of every apology: the excuses. But please, before you remark upon my rather cynical belief that most people can't admit they're wrong without justifying said wrongdoing, listen to my personal excuses, and you'll see what I mean:

The Writer's Reasons For Ignoring Her Blog
  • She has been braving the dreaded high school, and that frankly is enough for one girl to handle
  • The homework epidemic grows worse each day, and it's hard to find time to write when there are four tests to study for, as well as a reading assignment and some algebra nonsense to complete
  • Extreme lack of sleep
  • Two words: marching band
  • If she gets any time on the computer at all, the evils of Facebook distract her until she has to go to bed
  • A busy schedule: after school, she has homework and more homework, and on the weekends there's band to be considered.
  • Lastly, sometimes our intrepid writer is just too lazy to get her poetic heinie down the computer to write for a while
Those were my excuses, dear public of mine. Hopefully they have satisfied your craving for a post from moi (if there was any craving to begin with, that is), and now I'm off to see the Wizard. But never fear, I shall return before the month is over!

Thanks for accepting my apologies.
Love, Maggs

No comments:

Post a Comment