Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Mind of a Poet

     Sometimes, I think I'm a little crazy. Why, you ask? For example, today, I finished all of my homework in my study hall and still had half an hour left before the bell rang. Normally, I would've gotten out a book and started reading. But today I didn't have a book with me. All I had was an English notebook and my pencil case. So what did I do? I wrote poetry of course. What about? Well, see for yourself:


                                         Sleep
sleeping boy (online) available at
http://nancilea.blogspot.com/
October 12th, 2010
Rest for the tired
Dreams for the imaginative
Safety for the scared
Peace for the troubled
Success for the insomniac
Home for the lost
Acceptance for the outcast
Quiet for the parent
A brainstorm for those with problems.
Life's eternal goal-
endless sleep.
Copyright MPK 2010, all right reserved, unauthorized use is prohibited.

     So while the girl next to me reads yet another vampire book, while the guy behind me plays Super Mario Brothers on his D.S., while un uper-classman a few seats away works on her calculus homework, what do I do? I write about sleep.
Good night and sweet dreams!
Thanks for listening,
Maggs 

1 comment: