Friday, November 12, 2010

New Places, New Ideas

     So today I come to you not from my normal spot (a wonderful Mac in my basement) but from an entirely new place- a classroom at my high school. Now what high school that is, I won't say, for personal safety reasons. Instead, I'll call it Small Town High. Now here at STH, I'm sitting in my computer classroom, typing away. And no, I'm not breaking the rules, sneaking around behind the teacher's back or anything. I just want to let you know that this post is fully authorized, fully allowed, and fully permited.
     And now that that's over with, I suppose I'd like to take the opportunity to tell you a little bit about STH, and my life here. This post is really aimed at my readers from other schools, and especially at my followers from other countries (wether they're actually interested in this blog or not remains to be seen, but still, I like to think that I have a few European or Asian readers) so you can see a little bit of what my life is like.
     First of all, I'm at school for about eight hours every day, seven of which are dedicated to learning (yay). I'm being taught everything I will ever need to know, such as how to design a webpage and the word for pencil sharpenner in Spanish (it's el sacapuntas, by the way. Coolest. Word. Ever.). My classes are interesting enough, but plenty of exciting stuff happens in the halls, too. I have been a part of everything from mass band geek-outs, where we all stand around and hum the show music and practice our visuals, to intense debates about morals where everyone shouts their opinions until the teacher tells them to quiet down (how we get into such discussions, I'm sure I will never know).
     School is interesting, as an overall expierence, and I'm glad to be here for right now.
Thanks for listening,
Maggs

No comments:

Post a Comment