Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, Little Blog!

     Happy Birthday, Life as a Starving Poet! You are now officially one year old, and I congratulate you (and myself) for surviving this long. So how did I do it? Well, here's the answer:
     Finding things to write about isn't always easy, and trying to write too often can have terribly chaotic results. Some of my worst posts come from when I was trying to write every day and was simply rambling to take up space and produce something. I have learned, however, that quality is better than quantity, which is why I rarely write two days in a row, unless I have something terribly amazing to talk about. 
     Most of my topics come from random bits of life that I notice. For example, I'll be sitting in class and a teacher will say something that sparks an idea and suddenly I have something to talk about. Or I'll be reading and a few sentences will catch my eye and remind me of a post I was planning to write and I'll take note of this idea and come home later to share it with the amazing readers of the internet (that's you, people. Smile for gosh's sakes!) And then sometimes, when I haven't written in two weeks and am feeling terribly guilty, I'll pull up a chair and sit at my computer with a blank page in front of me until I get and idea. It all depends, really, on the things I see and hear everyday. Of one thing I can be sure, though: as a starving poet, life really does get pretty interesting (sometimes) and I will always have plenty to write about. 


Well folks, that's all I have time for tonight!
Thanks for listening and may Life as a Starving Poet have many more successful years.
Maggs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment