Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

In case all of you out there have been to busy to notice, spring has certainly sprung in the past few days. And as my favorite season is now spring (I'm sure in a few months it will be summer), and listing things is actually a form of poetry, I've decided to share with you all the things I love about spring:

  • I love the way things smell, especially lilacs which are in full bloom during May.
Lilacs
Soft and velvety
a lilac's scent fills my nose.
They are true spring blooms.

copyright MPK 2010, all rights reserved, unauthorized use prohibited
  • I love the way everything is so darn green and wherever you look, new plants are sprouting up.
  • I love how blue the sky is and the way all the new, earthy colors go together.
  • I love cloud watching and letting my imagination run wild when I do.
  • I love describing the entire season and trying to capture just a bit of it, as you can see from the various pictures which I took in my yard and the poems that I've written about spring, which you can see below:
Who Am I?
I can be felt
I can be heard
But it takes a special eye to see me.
I can be smelled
I can carry words
But it takes a special creature to tame me.

Who am I? I am wind.

Copyright MPK 2010, all rights reserved, unauthorized use is prohibited
Spring
Things burst into bloom
greening, greening,
ever-growing anew.
Fresh happiness
has returned

copyright MPK 2010, all rights reserved, unauthorized use is prohibited


Thanks for listening, and enjoy the weather!
Maggs






No comments:

Post a Comment